Saturday, April 30, 2011

Tara Palmer-Tomkinson noses ahead

The socialite is ready for the royal wedding, thanks to some last-minute work on her conk

For now, forget the wedding as a state-of-the-nation event ? and concentrate instead on the important insight it offers into the state of the nation's rhinoplasty. According to what sounds like a very non-scientific survey of plastic surgeons, Kate Middleton's nose is currently the most requested style, with one in five patients demanding to have their own nose remodelled along its lines.

Elsewhere in royal wedding-related nasal surgery news, there is relief for those who have found themselves affected by the saga of Tara Palmer-Tomkinson's nose, which has been played out across various media in recent weeks. Some years ago, the former cocaine addict was nasally reconstructed to correct the ravages of drug use, and is now a sort of . . . well, TV presenter, is it? She is also invited to the wedding, being a close family friend of Prince Charles ? so imagine the horror when her nose should choose this very moment to loose its moorings.

"I'll tell you exactly what's happening with my nose," Tara obliged recently. "When I originally had it fixed I was asked by my surgeon where I wanted him to go shopping for the cartilage. I was told it could be taken from my ear or from my ribs and I chose my ear. But the trouble with cartilage from the ear is that, although you get a really nice shape, it's delicate and easily damaged. It doesn't stand up well to general wear-and-tear. The other day I was shaking my duvet and the TV remote control flew up and hit me in the face . . . If I can get my nose fixed for the wedding that would be ideal," she concluded wistfully. "I'm not sure it's going to be possible but hopefully something can be done in time."

As I say, there is happy news. Tara was this week reported to have had �650 worth of fillers injected into her nose to improve the line ? a development which means that fairytales do come true, and she now conforms to Westminster Abbey's strict proboscis code.


guardian.co.uk © Guardian News & Media Limited 2011 | Use of this content is subject to our Terms & Conditions | More Feeds

Julie Berry Lori Heuring Nicole Scherzinger Jill Arrington Tami Donaldson

No comments:

Post a Comment