Tuesday, January 25, 2011

'My Total Facebook Views' Scam Hits Facebook, With Inflated Numbers and Spam

total profile views scam
If you've avoided clicking on any Facebook posts promising to show you your 'Total Facebook Views,' give yourself a round of applause -- because it's just a scam.

The spammy posts seem to be originating from various sources, but they all boast essentially the same syntax. A typical post from a friend who fell for the trick will read: "My total facebook views are: [random number]. Find out your total profile views on: [link]." Most of the messages are also posted via suspicious looking apps, like 'not earldom,' and 'OMG i couldn't look at my Dad if he caught me.'

Continue reading 'My Total Facebook Views' Scam Hits Facebook, With Inflated Numbers and Spam

'My Total Facebook Views' Scam Hits Facebook, With Inflated Numbers and Spam originally appeared on Switched on Fri, 21 Jan 2011 13:20:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

Permalink | Email this | Comments

Melissa George Cameron Richardson Chandra West Kasey Chambers Megan Ewing

No comments:

Post a Comment